So after attending FETC this past week, I think it’ll blogging about 30 posts just to share all the information that I learned. Such a wonderful experience, I would suggest that educators around the area attend this event even if for a day to absorb all the energy and ideas that are available.
So at the start of the conference they have an event called TECH Share LIVE where a panel of 4 experts: Kathy Schrock, Hal Davidson, Leslie Fisher and Adam Bellow’s discuss their favorite tech discoveries for this coming year.
Here is one of my favorites from the Tech Share LIVE.
Join the group using code tsl386
Piggy banks are smarter with the internet inside
What makes something a Wink product? They are not just more things for you to think about, but things that actually think about you. Products that are smarter because of the power of the Internet and the simplicity of mobile apps.
The Porkfolio brings the old-fashioned piggy bank into the modern age. Piggy banks are way more fun when the internet’s inside.
- Smart piggy bank
- Connects to the Porkfolio app over Wi-Fi
- Compatibility: iOS 6 and above, iPhone 4 and above, and Android phones/tablets with OS 2.2 or higher
- Great for teaching kids about money
- Track your balance and set financial goals from afar
- Head locks for security
- Accelerator detects movement/theft
- Positive reinforcement for savings (nose lights up every time a U.S. coin is inserted)
- Capacity: Holds up to $100 in quarters
- Materials: Plastic, Wi-Fi chip
- Batteries: 2 AA (included)
- Dimensions: 8.3″ long x 8.3″ wide x 5.4″ high